Safety and support will be top priorities at this year’s Golfing for Youth Benefit Tournament, presented by Centene Charitable Foundation and UPS - Central Plains District. We appreciate your understanding and support as we navigate a brand-new way of fundraising. Our team is working closely with Whitmoor Country Club to ensure the safety of all of our golfers, volunteers and staff by observing all COVID-19 precautions designed to mitigate the spread of the virus.
We’ve added an app this year to held streamline registration, information sharing, play and scoring. Download the free GolfStatus app on the App Store or Google Play. Get tournament updates, course assignments, starting holes and tee times. You also can use the app to keep score and track a “live” leaderboard to see everyone’s team score!
Course and Event Modifications
In order to ensure everyone’s safety, Whitmoor Country Club and Youth In Need have implemented the following precautions during the tournament:
- Golf carts are equipped with a fold-down divider that will be deployed. The player who drives the golf cart first must remain the driver for the duration of play. All carts have been sanitized before the round.
- Single golf carts are available on request, based on availability.
- Rakes have been removed from sand traps to eliminate a common contact point. Likewise, please refrain from removing or touching the flag stick.
- Clubhouse access is restricted.
- Volunteers handing out beverages and snacks on the course will be wearing gloves.
- There are no coolers on the course; beverage carts only.
- Use the GolfStatus app for mobile, contact-less scoring.
- Volunteers on the course are limited to the Hole In One contest.
- Masks and sanitizer are provided for every golfer.
- Boxed meals will be served in the outdoor pavilion.
- All auction items will be displayed in the pavilion to allow for social distancing, and all bidding will take place via Qtego Auction Technology.
- The indoor evening program will not take place.
In addition to the above modifications, please use the following precautions:
- If you have a fever, cough or other COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
Golfers and employees should maintain social distance (at least 6 feet).
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, lips and eyes.
- Wash your hands frequently. If you are unable to wash your hands, use hand sanitizer.
- Please familiarize yourself with and follow the best practices published by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
We look forward to seeing you at the course!