Every day, Youth In Need staff are doing the very challenging work of helping children, youth and families. Through education, counseling, case management, life skills development, street-based outreach, and home visitation, as well as many other services, you see firsthand the tremendous impact. You hear the pride in the voice of the young person who has gotten their first job, see the joy on the face of the child who can trust again, and feel the hope from the parents who now see a path to a positive future for their family.
The data we collect on outcomes and utilization also tells a story, about the impact on those individuals, as well as the powerful collective results of your incredible work. Please take a moment and review some of the 2015 highlights:
- YIN provided services to 12,045 children and youth. Wow!
- Over 4,500 children and youth received mental health services in the Counseling program, up from 3,800 the previous year.
- The new RiSE dropout prevention program served 60 Ritenour students, and TOP conducted 143 group sessions to over 300 Valley Park students!
- TLP had 13 youth who transitioned to independence; the bar is set high for this metric, and we had more success than ever before!
- The Street Outreach team served a staggering 5,016 youth, with services ranging from basic survival needs to case management and housing.
- 401 youth utilized a Safe Place site, up almost 100 from 2014. Thanks to Safe Place staff for getting the word out!
- The Shelter served a whopping 334 youth (which may be an all-time record), with 93% discharging as scheduled.
- 96 Teen Parents were served, and the vast majority had healthy deliveries and stayed in school, beating the odds that many young moms face.
- The foster care team found "forever families" for 31 children. Talk about life-changing!
- And last but certainly not least, Head Start/Early Head Start served 1,675 young children, and more than 90 percent met or exceeded goals for school readiness, setting them up for success in school and life, which is just phenomenal!
Now, please take another moment and pat yourself on the back for a job very, very well done! I am so proud of each of you and of this organization.