Gifts of Appreciated Stocks or Bonds to Benefit Youth In Need
This type of gift allows the donor the potential to save in three ways:
- Charitable tax deduction, including a 50 percent Missouri State Tax Credit (if applicable)
- The avoidance of capital gains taxes
- Reduction of estate taxes
To make a donation of stock, the donor’s broker will need to contact Youth In Need’s broker.
Youth In Need’s broker account information:
108 Laura K Drive
O’Fallon, MO 63366-3990
636-978-5235 or 1-877-605-1980
Youth In Need’s account # 428377601
Youth In Need’s tax ID # 43-1033862
Documentation Needed from the Donor
A document is needed from the donor’s broker indicating the transfer of stock from the donor’s broker to Youth In Need’s broker and must contain the following information:
- Name and address of donor
- Name of security or securities
- Number of shares transferred
- Date of donation (transfer date)
- Market value on the date of the donation
Youth In Need’s Responsibility
- Youth In Need will receive written documentation from TD Ameritrade on the sale of the stocks or bonds, the number of shares sold and the value of the sale.
- Youth In Need will send receipt of the donation, along with the NAP/YOP application form (if applicable) and instructions on its completion to the donor.